Create a Task
To create a new task click New Task input (list view) or click Add a Card input, type your task and press enter.
Also you can create a new task by pressing C keyboard shortcut. A new task will be created at the end of first list.
To create a task on Calendar please see this page.
Another way to create a new task is Smart Add button.
- Create a Task After Another Task
If you want to insert a new task after a task (e.g. middle of the list) click the task you want to append a new task and press Enter.
- Create Multiple Tasks From a List
You can create tasks from a list. Please see Convert Lines to Tasks page for more information.
To complete a task:
- Click  icon on the left side of a task.
- Press Ctrl + Enter keyboard shortcut.
- Press  icon at the top-left corner of the Task Dialog.
Schedule a Task
To set start date, end date (start time, end time) of a task click Schedule it button at the description box.
To set a reminder for a task you must first schedule it. Then you can click  icon to set reminders. Please see Reminders page for more information.
To set a reminder for a task you must first schedule it. Then you can click  icon to set recurring. Please see Recurring Tasks page for more information.
You can click any color on the Task Dialog to change a task’s color.
Task Complete Status
Drag Complete slider to set a task complete status. Task complete status will be shown in task icons.
Delete a Task
- Click  trash icon at the top-right corner of the Task Dialog.
- Delete task title with backspace and press backspace one more time.
- Select multiple tasks and click  trash icon on the bulk edit bar.
- Select a task and press Ctrl + Del (Alt + Del) button.
Click  icon on task dialog header to see time logs. Please see Time Tracking page for more information.
Click time to start a timer. Please see Task Timer page for more information.
Click  icon to start a pomodoro timer. Please see Pomodoro page for more information.
Archive a Task
Click  to archive a task. Please see Archive page for more information.
Copy a Task
Click  to copy a task.
You can drag&drop a task by pressing Ctrl key to a list, project or subtasks to copy.
Move a Task
Click  to move a task.
You can drag&drop a task to a list, project or subtasks to move.
You can create your subtasks in Subtasks section. Please see Subtasks page for more information.
Print a Task
Click  to print a task.
In this section you can view uploaded files for the task. Click  to upload files.
You can click to an uploaded image to make it task’s cover image. To remove cover image click again the image.
To assign a task to person type name or email and click a suggested name.
- You can assign a task to multiple teammates.
- Assigned users will be notified on specific project and task actions. Please see Notifications page for more information.
To add a follower to a task type name or email and click a suggested name.
- You can add multiple followers to a task.
- Followers will be notified on specific project and task actions. Please see Notifications page for more information.
Please see Assign & Add Followers page for more information.
You can add task comments on this section. When you add a comment your teammates will be notified. Please see Conversations page for more information.
You can add multiple tags to a task and filter them by tags. Please see Tags page for more information.
Custom fields for a task will be shown after task date (or schedule button). When you enter a value for a custom field it will be auto saved. Please see Custom Fields page for more information.
Refresh Task Dialog
To refresh current Task Dialog click task title in dialog header or click task on the board.